Weather: School will be closed tomorrow 1/3/18 - Please click and read the full message.
After careful consideration of the forecasted snow for Caterham, the Chair of Governors and I have been in contact and made the decision, for pupil and staff heatlth and safety reasons, to close the school tomorrow - 1st March 2018. It is looking highly likely from the forecast that we may need to close on Friday, but we will make a decision late tomorrow afternoon on this. We hope that this will allow you time to make contingency plans tonight rather than in the early hours of the morning. Please see the rest of the message below for some 'Home Learning' for the children to do, just to help them put the ipads away and to keep them going with writing and maths! There will be house points and a reward for any child that completes some, or all of the following and brings it to school to show their teacher!
Home Learning Ideas - choose one, some or all!
Home learning wins housepoints and a reward! Bring in your evidence next week!!!
1. Have fun in the snow!
2. Practise Times Tables and Number Bonds
3. Practise your spellings and write a sentence using the words.
4. Curl up on the sofa and read a good book.
5. Make a cake or pancakes - use measuring scales to weigh the ingredients. Write out the Instructions for how you do this. Draw a picture, or take a photo of what you cook.
6. Write a persuasive letter - persuading a friend to read your favourite book. Remember - add arguments for reading it and arguments countering any reasons they may give you against reading it!
7. Write a Litter/Eco/Green Poem - the children had this explained in assembly this week. It is for an Eco Green competition.
8. Year 3 - you have been learning about rhyming couplets - try writing your own about snow days or weather.
9. Pick a piece of news, research what it is all about and write about it. Rremember - neat hand writing and good punctuation!
10. Write a recount of what you have done on your days off. Draw pictures or take photos to add to your recount.
11. Research the Author David Walliams (our World book day Author) and write a fact file about him and his books.
12. Y6 - Carry on with your CPG Grammar Book (excluding the mixed practice pages) - you already have these. Then choose something from the ideas above.
13. Design a snow dragon - draw it. Imagine it is on the field and then write instructions on how to catch it!
14. Make up your own number/word challenges. Write them down and see if your Parents and Siblings can answer them.